The Age of Love: A film about Speed Dating for 70 - 90 year olds
wheo.info holds a variety of themed/specific interest speed dating events including Senior speed dating events in some, but not all of the cities we serve. The actual schedule of these and other themed speed dating events varies as well and is determined by market demand and our ability to ensure a relatively close. 9 Feb THE AGE OF LOVE follows the humorous and poignant adventures of thirty seniors in Rochester, NY who sign up for a first-of-its-kind speed dating event exclusively for to year-olds. The film takes viewers where no documentary has gone before — directly into the lives of older singles who are. 8 Mar In his new documentary, The Age of Love, filmmaker Steven Loring profiled several people between 70 and 90 at a speed dating event in Rochester, N.Y.. STEVEN LORING: If a year-old woman opens up an envelope from a speed dating event and doesn't get the man she was hoping for and bursts.
In his new documentary, The Age of Love, filmmaker Steven Loring profiled specific people between 70 and 90 at a speed dating event in Rochester, N.
- 11 Jun Speed dating essential evolved over a decade ago, but it has be proper much more pleasing in recent years, especially among babe boomers and seniors. Perhaps the Increasing need for company is to reproach, or maybe the adrenalin- pumping environment of the when it happened makes it so attractive. Whatever the case.
- Bacteria mostly harmless; How To Sound out A Shy Miss Who Likes You know.just for reference.when guy's
- 8 Mar In his new documentary, The Age of Love, filmmaker Steven Loring profiled some people between 70 and 90 at a speed dating event in Rochester, N.Y.. STEVEN LORING: If a year-old woman opens up an envelope from a speed dating event and doesn't get the irons she was hoping for and bursts.
There's a experimental documentary out with a very clean message - common people want to recoup that someone determined no matter their age. It's hailed "The Age Of Love," and it takes us to a speed dating event for seniors.
NPR's Ina Jaffe has more.
FREE ONLINE DATING
- Name: Charmaine
- Age: 21
- Heigh: 5'.1"
- Weight: 60 kg.
- Drinker: Regular drinker
Rather than of a three-course meal and flowers, there was craft beer and a buffet of elucidate food. And an intimate � la mode it was not: Donna Lindenau, 70, walked into the anyhow hesitantly. Widowed two years ago, she came at the insistence of a friend in Bradenton.
As Lindenau lingered around the room, year-old Brian Connolly fearlessly approached several women, asking them one of the ice-breaker questions on his clipboard. Connolly's glad grin and rosy cheeks seemed to make him an standard candidate for a speed-dating regardless, where a willingness to risk oneself out there is dialect mayhap the most important factor in potential success.
Despite Connolly's hootch abduct, research shows that people agnate Lindenau are not alone in their reluctance to date reiteratively. On average, women spend on every side 17 years in widowhood, according to University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee professor Kathy Black, who focuses on aging studies and social work.
Trends differ significantly based on gender, Black added. Among people in their 80s, 4 out of 5 men are still married, compared with only 1 out of 5 women, Black said. In Sarasota, women living alone outnumber men living alone 3-to-1, a correlation in line with national numbers. Women generally live longer and are more likely to be widowed, and divorce has along with become increasingly common.
As of , only 57 percent of people 65 and older in America were married. So how is the other 43 percent finding love if they haven't already? Perhaps though speed-dating, if they're lucky enough to have an event in their city.
This is a concept filmmaker Steven Loring , 52, is hoping to promote with his new documentary "The Time of Love. As soon as one was planned, Loring began documenting the stories of the 30 singles who signed up. The narratives that unfold in his film are full of vulnerability and frankness from a demographic whose experiences usually break untold. These daters are eager, hopeful and just as shaky as anyone at any lifetime brave enough to put themselves out there -- yes, sweet rejection stings just as lots at 75 as it did at What got you interested in looking into the love lives of the elderly?
It was a personal anecdote. My dad passed away, and my mom was alone. She was nearing 70 and she was without that emotional, suggest partner for the first once upon a time in her life, so she was struggling with that a bit.